Friday, June 19, 2009

Here Comes the Bride (with a Stick)


My cousin's first-born son got married (Whee!) and off I went to Tybee Island to share the joy. Cathy-on-a-stick popped in to express her best wishes. She squeezed into a pic with the proud parents...

A snap with the groom (Cathy-on-a-Stick may have repeated that joke I distinctly told her NOT to tell at a wedding)...


...And there's the beautiful bride. I know exactly what she's thinking: here I am, a new member of the family and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings so I'll go along and have my picture taken with a pic-on-a-stick, 'cause no one will see it anyway.

Good luck with that...(Best wishes from Cathy-on-a-Stick!)

4 comments:

  1. I am delighted you chose the dress-up Cathy-on-a-Stick to take to the wedding instead of the fuzzy blue party hat one, where "she" has missing teeth. I mean it was a family wedding, and it is important to make a good impression, so, you chose well. This might give you impetus to create EVEN MORE Cathy's-on-Sticks, so that you will be prepared to take her to many more places, where there might be a broader range of attire necessary to fit in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I worried about the whole attire thing, but it was a beachwear casual wedding, so anything went...I'm not sure the hosts were expecting a guest-on-a-stick when they said "anything goes!" But that's what happens when your family includes moi.

    P.S. I wish I had a Cathy-on-a-Stick wearing a bathing suit. I had no idea how often she'd end up in (hot) water. Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy-on-a-stick was a perfect wedding guest, we loved having her join us at our son's wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, thanks! She LOVES those family whoop-de-do's!

    ReplyDelete